One of the easiest ways to start to address an unfulfilling career or work situation is to understand what would be better. This may sound daunting at first, but getting started is actually easier than you think.
To get started on the path to a more fulfilling situation, allow yourself to ask and answer the question. What does my ideal life look like?
At first, this may seem difficult and even silly. You have thoughts like:
- Why bother with this, I can’t make it happen, OR
- No one gets to live their ideal life
As you answer the question:
- Focus only on “the what” not “the how” – you do not need to figure out how to make this happen today and getting caught on “how” may limit your ability to get clear on what ideal would really look like
- Understand that your ideal life does not have to look in any way different or the same as your current life
- Assume that anything you set out to do in your ideal life will be 100% successful
If you can, try to write your answers down but don’t feel compelled to write in complete sentences, if you prefer, use point form, make lists, and use drawings.
As your true desires start to take shape, make connections between what is happening in your life today and what your ideal life looks like. Identify anything that is already in alignment with your ideal life and allow yourself to feel gratitude for it. Understanding, acknowledging, and celebrating what is currently working for you will provide you with strength and motivation to start figuring out how you can shift more things to be in alignment and how you can pursue this fulfilling life.
While some of this might feel a bit awkward at first, I know that if you give them a sincere try you’ll quickly be surprised by how quickly they improve your day.
Get support to feel more clear and confident about what’s next for you and make any changes more successfully by identifying and using the resources you already have.